Dan Widrich, Love Overcomes Grief
Thursday, March 14
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Love Overcomes Grief
Love Overcomes Grief is a gentle book designed to help a child deal with losing a parent, or any loved one. Children learn to understand that feelings of grief are normal and acceptable. Through pictures and supportive text, along with practical activities, Dan Widrich shows children and parents how actively to engage the healing process. Highlights of the book:
• Reviews feelings experienced by a child who has lost a parent or someone close • Helps a child understand that feelings of grief are normal
• Colorful illustrations visually interpret each page
• Offers strategies to help a child begin the healing process
• Explains the stages of grief
• Introduces the reality that all living things will die
• Provides helpful activities for a grieving child
• A Glossary of terms explains new words and concepts Appropriate for the following age levels:
• Preschool children when read with a trusted adult
• Elementary school age children can read this book alone. They may also want to discuss the ideas with a trusted adult.
• All preteens and teenagers • Parents with children who have experienced the death of a loved one “With sensitivity and power Dan Widrich shares his experiences and feelings of losing a father at a young age.
"His book speaks to young children staggered by the loss of a parent. This is an inspiring and helpful book. A MUST READ FOR A CHILD IN GRIEF!” Stephen M. Robinson, Ph. D. Child and Adolescent Psychologist
We are delighted to have Dan back on Thursday, March 14 to discuss his book.